Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Bread Making Adventure



I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas!  I haven't posted in some time and wanted share my recent bread making experience.  I haven't made bread in many years and from what I could remember it seemed like a lot of work.  Well I've been eying bread recipes on Pinterest.  Have you tried Pinterest yet?  I love it.  Pinterest is a great tool for finding new recipes and saving other things too that you may want to buy or try.  This is a bread recipe that was posted, so yesterday I decided to give it a try.  It stated that this bread could be mixed together in under 2 minutes.  I thought, "Is that all, even I should be able to do this!"  Well, I was in at that point.  

http://simplysogood.blogspot.com/2010/03/crusty-bread.html

Her bread is gorgeous.......can you call bread gorgeous?  Mine didn't turn out quite as pretty as hers, but she's an experienced baker and I'm not.  Here's my version. 


I must confess, the first one I made stuck in the pot, was nice but I just couldn't get it out of the darn pot.  Where did I go wrong?   I even put cornmeal in the bottom to help....also I used my stainless steel pot, hum-mm, maybe that is where I went wrong.    My mom had sent me a gift card for Christmas, so off I went and bought an enameled covered cast iron pot.  With this pot the above bread just fell out.  Now I can't wait to try all the different variations with this recipe. 

Do you bake bread?  Have any good recipes?? 



1 comment:

  1. your bread looks delicious!
    we've made some bread and mostly it came out well, the one time i wanted to make bread rolls though they were hard as rocks, not sure what went wrong. probably a lot of things :)

    ReplyDelete