Tuesday, February 14, 2012

My One Hour Valentine Gift.

Front "You Light up My Life"
Back Side of Glass Block
Wow, today is already Valentine's Day.  The year is going by so quickly.  I haven't been feeling all that great and I didn't have anything ready for my sweetie, Thomas.  I have one of those glass blocks just waiting for me to do something with, so hence my project for him began.  I made a simple cut out of the phrase "You Light up My Life" and stuck it to the front of the glass.  Punched out a Butterfly in the corner and glued it back in without gluing down the wings for that 3D effect.  Then just placed a heart  in the other corner.  Easy Peasy and Fast with my Silhouette Cameo.  Have I told you how many times I love this machine.  Any who, I then stuffed the block with lights and grass like filler.  The backside of the block I just covered with some pretty pink Vellum Paper and stuck a couple of Hearts on there.  Again Easy Peasy!  Then wrapped it all up pretty with some Valentine Ribbon.  Wonder what Thomas will think of the girly colors?  Also the lights are not in there just so, but I can work on that another day.   Thanks for visiting and hope you enjoyed my one hour Valentine Project. 

No comments:

Post a Comment