Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Shabby Chic Vanity Project





My most recent project is a furniture redo.  My boyfriend Thomas was about to throw out this old vanity that he had out in the shed.  At first I said I didn't want it, but then I got to thinking.  Yes, yet another project!  LOL  Shabby Chic has become very popular these days....so hence my project began.  The vanity was brown in color and the sides are somewhat recessed in and had some damage to it so I improvised and put wainscoting in the recessed areas. This has actually added some character to the vanity.  I'm painting it a pale mint green and then will later glaze over that with a type of brown glazing.  The glazing should give it an antique look, or at least that is what I'm hoping for.  Here are pictures of my work in progress.  Thanks for following my blog and enjoy my furniture redo journey!  Stay Tuned!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi THERE, found your blog from the MAS page, Welcome. Love what your doing with this pc of furniture! I love redoing furniture also but I tend to want to paint everything white. Can't wait to see how this turns out. Im also very new to the ning pages and will probably join some challanges later on in the year.
    Nice meeting...
    hugs
    Elsa

    ReplyDelete